Southeast Michigan Woodworkers

Gather, share, learn and enjoy with other woodworkers!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:48 pm 
Lurker

Hello all, I have several antique planes that need some TLC and some other tools like a Stanely 2101 Brace and a bunch of bits. Not looking to make a fortune off these just a fair price to someone who will take care of them.
I am in Lyon Township MI.
Will attempt to post pix of planes.

Attachments:
Planes2.JPG
Planes2.JPG [ 117 KiB | Viewed 762 times ]
Planes1.JPG
Planes1.JPG [ 124.67 KiB | Viewed 762 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:10 pm 
Lurker

And here are the bits and braces

Attachments:
Braces.JPG
Braces.JPG [ 111.1 KiB | Viewed 757 times ]
Bits.JPG
Bits.JPG [ 132.76 KiB | Viewed 757 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:39 am 
Master

What are the different (edit) molding planes and are they in working shape (assuming the irons need honing or even a minor grind, but the profiles are right)?

Last edited by jayed_coins on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:44 am 
Obsessed

Jayed: I don't see any router planes. I see transitional planes, coffin planes, moulding planes. Could it be the marking gages in the bottom center that you are mistaking for router planes? Or do you mean the moulding planes when you ask about correct blade-profiles?

KPMN: A very cool set of tools. I hope you suceed at selling them. If not here, maybe at the Tiller's show this summer? Or set up a table at the upcoming (Adrian?) show? I'd buy them, but I already have too many planes and other tools and am trying to quit getting more. That said, I love those transitional planes (with the metal adjusting mechanism and the wood sole) and I recommend them to all here, but they are not very popular and I don't expect you'll get much for them.

Along with the brace, I think I see two or three Yankee drivers. Does the metal one have the bits that should be in the handle? And do the loose plane-irons in the top photo go with the coffin planes in the next photo?

I'm really trying to resist saying this, but PM me with your rock-bottom price and a phone number if you're getting no offers and want to dump the whole load.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:25 pm 
Master

Dave, not sure where my brain was, but yes, I meant the molding planes! Thanks for looking out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:00 pm 
Elite

Kpmn

There doesn't appear to be a way to pm you. Are you a member on the site?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:28 am 
Master

I would be interested in the marking gauges. please pm me the prices

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:15 am 
Lurker

Sorry guys didn't notice the messages. The new-in-box Yankee driver has a total of three bits included no marks on any of them.
Not sure about the metal driver it appears to be a Greenley? Also I assume that the irons go with the planes but I would leave that to you guys as I'm no expert.
Would love to see these tools live on so if anyone has any interest you can pm me or call 248 877 8790. The marker gauges have been sold.

Dial-up Dave wrote:
Jayed: I don't see any router planes. I see transitional planes, coffin planes, moulding planes. Could it be the marking gages in the bottom center that you are mistaking for router planes? Or do you mean the moulding planes when you ask about correct blade-profiles?

KPMN: A very cool set of tools. I hope you suceed at selling them. If not here, maybe at the Tiller's show this summer? Or set up a table at the upcoming (Adrian?) show? I'd buy them, but I already have too many planes and other tools and am trying to quit getting more. That said, I love those transitional planes (with the metal adjusting mechanism and the wood sole) and I recommend them to all here, but they are not very popular and I don't expect you'll get much for them.

Along with the brace, I think I see two or three Yankee drivers. Does the metal one have the bits that should be in the handle? And do the loose plane-irons in the top photo go with the coffin planes in the next photo?

I'm really trying to resist saying this, but PM me with your rock-bottom price and a phone number if you're getting no offers and want to dump the whole load.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:48 pm 
Obsessed

I will phone you tomorrow or Weds

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:46 pm 
Obsessed

Bump, for the purpose of asking can anybody ID the top center item in the second photo ??

I bought it along with all Keith's leftovers but we did not know what it is.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:46 pm 
Elite

Yes, that is a scraper minus its blade.