Southeast Michigan Woodworkers

Gather, share, learn and enjoy with other woodworkers!
It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:29 pm 
Master

Last summer really punished the front lawn. It is green now, mostly due to moss taking over.

I am just too busy taking care of the wife and the essentials to do more than necessary in
other areas this year. So I was actually thinking of getting one of those lawn care companies
to rectify the front lawn woes.

I have gotten at least 4 big post cards from lawn care companies. Seems the cost is about
the same for about 6 or 7 visits up until winter. With my moss problem it is possible the cost
will increase.

Anyone use a lawn care company in the past or currently? Any recommendations, stay away
from ABC or watch out for this or that?

My grandmother signed up for one a long time ago when I was a teenager. I mowed her
lawn and it seemed we had to do it 2x a week! But it sure looked good. When I mowed it
I alternated diagonal directions with up and down and then back and forth. Told her it
kept the mower from making permanent 'tracks'. When I went off the college she insisted
my mom and dad do the same alternating mow patterns. I heard about that on my first
back home visit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:17 am 

I have used Go Green for the last 4-5 years and it seems to work well. It's a smaller company so occasionally the owner will actually call and speak to me about findings from previous treatments or a possible need for a treatment due to conditions. My lawn always looks good and I have never had any issues with pets or my kids playing on it after the fact.