Southeast Michigan Woodworkers

Gather, share, learn and enjoy with other woodworkers!
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FS: DC stuff
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:53 pm 
Obsessed

For sale available now: NIB, never used. "Long Ranger" model LRM set 220. This device provides low-voltage, 2-wire control to your 220V dust collector up to 3Hp. Includes a relay that is triggered by low voltage, a spool of paired low-voltage wire, and one 4" metal blast-gate with built-in switch. Run the wire along your main DC trunk. When the blastgate is opened, the switch closes triggering the DC to go on. When the gate is closed, the DC goes off. Any number of switched gates can be added, or you can use any number of simple toggle switches located anywhere. All gates must be closed (all switches must be open) for the device to go "off". $64 in current Penn State catalog. They also have the blastgates with switches, or switches you can add to your existing blastgates, though generally Penn State has recently stopped selling dustcollectors and ductwork but they still carry this line. I bought this and never used it and I am going for a different type of controls for my 5 Hp DC system. $35 for delivery to next meeting.

For sale available soon: 2 Hp Dust Collector Central Machinery (Harbor Freight) model 45378. "70 gallon" it says, I think this is the total volume of both bags. Mounted on casters. TEFC motor. Runs on 120V with a dedicated 20A circuit, though I have known it to trip a 20A CB occasionally on start-up. (If you have a dedicated 20A circuit and it still trips your breaker on starting often, it is legal to upgrade to a 30A breaker but I have not had to do this.)
Similar to http://www.harborfreight.com/2-hp-indus ... 97869.html

Mine is used and has the following upgrades: Upper and lower 1 micron felt bags (or maybe 0.1 micron, I don't recall). The original intake offers either one 5" port or two 4" ports. I have this but I removed it and installed a home-made 6" intake. You will get all these intake options.

This was used as a dedicated DC for my 25" planer, though it is a little small for that use. As soon as I get my central DC system going, I will be eager to get this out of my shop. Similar current model with one 5 micron bag lists for $200 plus shipping. Buy mine for $125 for delivery to April (or May) meeting.

Post subject: Re: FS: DC stuff
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:02 am 
Obsessed

bump

Post subject: Re: FS: DC stuff
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:56 pm 
Obsessed

bump