Southeast Michigan Woodworkers

Gather, share, learn and enjoy with other woodworkers!
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:24 pm 
Elite

I'm using an Android phone, though every other page I access loads without error or delay.
Started experiencing problems around the first of the year Curious if others are experiencing issues too?

Thank you.

Providing reclaimed, vintage lumber. Various species available, including R. & W. Oak, White Pine, SYP, Beech, Heart Pine and more. Inventories change routinely, contact us today for your specific needs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:26 am 
Site Admin

Well, the usual suggestions apply. Clear your cache, try a different browser. Try a different computer on the same network. If you're using a cell carrier, check with them.

I've found in general the new host to be more responsive although we did have to suffer through some transition headaches with email and the loss of Tapa-talk.

We are not supposed to get political here and I won't other than suggest you contact your reps and tell them you want to keep "Net Neutrality". Currently, all data packets on the Internet get the same priority and are processed on a first come first serve basis (an oversimplification but suffices for this argument). The new admin wants to abolish "Net Neutrality". They'll be a free tier but will be much slower. To get your data packets delivered in a timely manner, you'll have to pay a fee (again an oversimplification). This means that our Web site's data packets could be moved to "back of the line" and make the site less usable. It's one of those technical battles that makes people's eyes glaze over but believe me, it affects all of us.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:30 am 
Site Admin

Another suggestion is to try changing your board theme in your control panel. There may be a resource in the theme slowing things down.