Southeast Michigan Woodworkers

Gather, share, learn and enjoy with other woodworkers!
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:31 pm 
Obsessed

Dad was a Ford retiree. Mom is trying to get a Z-Plan PIN, which she did once before, right after Dad passed away, by calling the AXZ plan service center. She tried calling the AXZ plan service center but they are closed due to local weather conditions. I assume that means they are in Florida and are closed due to the hurricane which means probably at least for the rest of the week based on a conference call I was on earlier with some folks in Florida. She tried completing the quiz to get access to the web-based system, but the system won't let her in with either dad's or her SSN and she's pretty confident she has his date of hire correct. Is there any other way for her to get a PIN?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:45 pm 
Obsessed

That center is most definitely in Florida. I had a hand in setting up some of their computer systems a few years back.

I don't know of any other way for her to get in on her quals but I would be more than happy to supply an X plan PIN it timing is critical.

Additionally, I can ask around tomorrow and see if anyone at work knows of another way.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:14 am 
Obsessed

If she has a favorite dealer, she can go in and explain her difficulty, and they'll probably be able to assist.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:01 am 
Obsessed

Thanks Chip. In addition to the extra 3% (assuming that's still the difference,) there are additional rebates for A/Z customers that make it well worth the wait. They also have to get the exact car traded from another dealer so that will likely take a day or two at a minimum. I'm surprised they don't operate 2 call centers geographically separated but I'm sure there's a contingency plan to get them operational again soon regardless of what happens in Florida today and tomorrow.

This is what I'm looking at. 325HP in a cool looking Fusion...what's not to like? Looking to lease since this will be my car and I drive < 1000 miles per month on average.
Attachment:
vehicle.jpg
vehicle.jpg [ 37.07 KiB | Viewed 325 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:36 pm 
Obsessed

Good news...we were able to get in and do the PIN online.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:25 am 
Obsessed

sweet ride!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:49 am 
Master

I drove one of those recently. It's an amazing vehicle!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:38 pm 
Obsessed

I've been kicking around the idea of getting something more fun and considered a number of options but I really wasn't very excited about Ford was offering (other than the Mustang which isn't practical for us at this point.) I recently stumbled onto this package and was almost instantly sold. Driving one sealed the deal.

The salesperson delivered it to me this morning. They'd planned on me picking it up yesterday but didn't get it transferred in time so she offered to bring it right to us.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:43 am 
Master

The only sedan that I would want more is the Lincoln MKZ with the 3.0L and the driver's package. It's an amazing vehicle to drive.