Southeast Michigan Woodworkers

Gather, share, learn and enjoy with other woodworkers!
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:45 am 
Master

Our next monthly meeting will occur on Thurs 4/16/15 at 7pm at Just_George's (Dave's) shop. This month we will be doing "Beginners night" Discussion on Wood Movement. We welcome any and all questions, even if not related to 'wood movement'.
Plus one of our newer club members (Brant) has asked what to do with scraps - how to store, what to build, etc. We would like to hear your ideas, make sure you come to the meeting and answer his question.

As usual we will be having a raffle prize for some tools you can't live without. Bring your $$!

As always, everyone is encouraged to bring along any items (completed projects, new tools/gadgets, interesting wood, etc) for a brief Show & Tell at the beginning of the meeting. If you have any photos you'd like to display on the TV for show and tell, please send to the club email (SEMIWWBoard at gmail.com) no later than 4/14/15. Please resize/crop to no larger than 1280x1024 before sending.

If you need directions to Dave's shop please send him or any Board member a PM. New members are encouraged to attend (and they're also encouraged to bring cookies to their first meeting).

April 21 - Board Meeting *
May 21- Stihl Chainsaw Presentation
May 26- Board Meeting *
June 13- Family Picnic
June 18- Router Shoot Out
June 23- Board Meeting *

* Board Meetings are generally at Leo's Coney Island in Ypsilanti at 6PM on the Tuesday following the general meeting. However dates, times, and locations are subject to change due to Holidays, board member schedules, etc. Everyone is invited, but please let us know in advance so we know you are coming.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:39 pm 
Master

I can bring some bowls to show wood movement from round to oval. Scaps are easy, buy a mini lathe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:37 pm 
Lurker

I hope to make this gathering and be my first meeting with you all, will need the address to Dave, and any parking instructions and any other pertinent info a newby needs to know, and yes I can bring some cookies , how many would be needed?

Thank you
Mike Armbruster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:59 pm 
Obsessed

Mike, check your PMs for the address. One package of cookies is plenty (everybody else is on their own!!)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:38 pm 
Obsessed

I will bring a "show and tell" of drawer-pulls that I make from scrap boards. Please put me on the agenda.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:04 pm 
Master

I understand Brant is not going to be at the meeting (he is out of town) so I will save my "cut off" projects for a later time when he can attend.

David Turner
Plymouth, MI.