Southeast Michigan Woodworkers

Gather, share, learn and enjoy with other woodworkers!
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Club Genesis
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:36 am 
Obsessed

How/when/why/where did the SEMIWW get started?

Here's the Genesis of our club (from the Wood Net forums):

Hypotenuse SE Mich Woodworking Club? #756742 - 01/09/04 11:46 AM

Does anyone know if there are any woodworking clubs in Southeast Mich (Detroit/Ann Arbor area)?

I'm aware of a couple turner's clubs, but I don't get around to spinning wood very often. I was hoping to find something a bit more generalized than that.

If there isn't one already started who is willing to create/join a new one?

–Chris

Steve Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #756761 - 01/09/04 11:58 AM

I would like to join also - lots of carving and turning clubs, no woodworking clubs though..

kyounker Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #756809 - 01/09/04 12:18 PM

Hypotenuse, I nominate you as the President. Can I get a second from anyone?

Ken

rmcbride Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #756823 - 01/09/04 12:30 PM

Ok I'll second him and nominate you as vice president. We now need someone to second you…

kyounker Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #756829 - 01/09/04 12:29 PM

Oh no…I was President of my homeowners association for a couple of months when nobody else would do it. Never again…You wouldn't believe what people would knock on my door to complain about and expect me to do something about it.

Ken

rmcbride Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #756846 - 01/09/04 12:33 PM

Dear President Hypotenuse,,Could you please imform me as to when and where the meeting are..

Riverr1 Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #756910 - 01/09/04 01:24 PM

Count me in.

Banjo Jamey Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #756937 - 01/09/04 01:48 PM

I'm in too. I am in the middle of getting tools together, actually, and am hoping to get a couple of new ones on my birthday tomorrow (we'll see how great a wife she really is now, won't we?). For the moment, it looks like I will be trying to find a heat source for our unfinished attic to use it as a workspace.

Just George Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #756938 - 01/09/04 01:45 PM

Darned good thinking Hypo - run with it before somebody talks us out of it! I'll even volunteer my shop as a meeting place, at least for starters. I'd love to find a place to share all my screw-ups with someone who'd understand!

Minor hi-jack: Any of you local folks know somebody looking for a planer? I've got two to sell, and maybe a DJ-20 (have a party interested in that, so it may be sold) Just thought I'd ask, having a local audience! Sorry Hypo…

woodshoptyro Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #756940 - 01/09/04 01:44 PM

There's a Michigan Woodworkers Guild based in Royal Oak; I believe they also meet in Livonia. T He club website does not seem to be working today, but I was able to open it late last year. You can try E-mailing williamgayde@home.com for information.

Hypotenuse Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #757039 - 01/09/04 02:40 PM

See that - I go away for a couple meetings and when I get back there are a bunch of “new members”, a President, a Vice-President, a place to meet, and a lead on an existing club. That's why I like this site!

I sent an email to the Michigan Woodworker's Guild. If they're an active and worthwhile club I'll probably check them out before “re-inventing the wheel”. I'll post the details if/when I get a response to my inquiry.

In case we want to start something else up, let's keep this thread going for another day or so. If you haven't already, post a reply if you're interested in participating if the existing Guild doesn't pan out. I'd be happy to help get a new club kicked off if necessary .

–Chris

Banjo Jamey Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #757083 - 01/09/04 03:05 PM
Quote:
Just George said:Minor hi-jack: Any of you local folks know somebody looking for a planer?

What kind, how much?

I'm in Ann Arbor too.

-Jamey

Hypotenuse Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #757176 - 01/09/04 03:54 PM

My email to the Guild was bounced back. And I can't get to their web site either.

Does anyone have another contact for these people?

–Chris

Marshmonster Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #757256 - 01/09/04 04:23 PM

Ok, I'll second the nomination! I'm in Plymouth, so A2 is very close! I'm game.

BTW, I heard the Livonia club folded for lack of participation and ability to meet in a place with tools. Not sure if it is true, but that was the word from one carver I met.

Just George Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #757304 - 01/09/04 04:48 PM

Jamey, rather than continue my hi-jacking of this post, see my post in the Swap-n-sell forum, or call me if you want to discuss. 734-646-7024

Hypotenuse, as the President and Grand Puba of this here club, I'm not sure you've got time for “meetings” - there's real work to be done here!

Stuartt Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #757548 - 01/09/04 07:27 PM

Michigan Woodworker's Guild website

Guild Site

I picked up a flyer from them at the Novi woodworking show.

They are having a free shop setup meeting on Sunday, January 11, 2004 from 2pm to 4pm. See the events page at the site. The meeting is in Royal Oak.

Hypotenuse Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #757653 - 01/09/04 09:06 PM

Bingo - we have a winner!

Of course I have a prior engagement that conflicts with the 1/11 meeting. I'll put the next one on my calendar.

Thanks for the link!

–Chris

Riverr1 Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #757655 - 01/09/04 09:14 PM

Royal Oak???????

with that distance and the traffic, Columbus would probably be quicker! How about something south of 8 mile?

Don

rmcbride Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #757667 - 01/09/04 09:21 PM

How about 5 mile and Farmington rd in Livonia on 2/8/2004 Router basics???

woodshoptyro Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #757677 - 01/09/04 09:35 PM

I might show up at the February meeting to see what the guild is all about.

Hypotenuse Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #757689 - 01/09/04 09:48 PM

Riverr1 - I understand your point, but remember that getting north to Royal Oak on a Sunday isn't that big of a deal. If I need to go to Rockler I always wait for a weekend and the drive is never all that bad. You'll be putting on a few miles but the traffic shouldn't slow you down.

That being said - I'm not all that thrilled with driving up there either. For me Livonia's not that big of a deal but Royal Oak turns a meeting into the better part of a day. I'll give them a try for few meetings (if they'll have me) and if it's not worth the trek I'll probably see if anyone wants to start an informal mini-club further south.

–Chris

Riverr1 Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #757699 - 01/09/04 09:54 PM

Mc Bride,

Don't use a router much myself, but it sounds good to me! Pick a date.

Hyp,

I with you on the SSE idea. Let's go for it.

Don

rmcbride Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #757701 - 01/09/04 09:53 PM
Quote:
Riverr1 said:Mc Bride,Don't use a router much myself, but it sounds good to me! Pick a date.Hyp,I with you on the SSE idea. Let's go for it.Don

They have it set for their reguar 2/8/2004 meeting at the Livonia senior citizens building…Hey I'm both of those….darn forgot how old I was getting…

Banjo Jamey Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #758098 - 01/10/04 11:37 AM

What would be helpful to me more than driving to Royal Oak to hear a lecture on using the router, would be if a group in the Ann Arbor area would want to start a Woodworking Consortium, to share tools and techniques (you need to use my spindle sander, I need advice on how to make this cut, etc.). I think that aids people who need a certain tool for a single use and do not want to buy it, and it helps novices and experienced folks alike who would like to learn a new trick here and there.

Is there any interest in something like this? It certainly wouldn't have to be constrained to people in the immediate area, but it would only take small, local groups to work together like this to not only wind up expanding people's creative horizons, but it would serve as a way for more people with these similar interests to get to know each other.

I am a refugee of the U of M student woodshop (not a student or alum, but it was open to the public to use, it has since shut down), and although I only got to work there for a short time, I found that having the occasional person to work alongside did a lot from the end of learning techniques, but it exposed you to people who you might not have a venue to meet otherwise.

To be fair, I am a beginning woodworker, so people in my position might have more to gain from this than some others, but this kind of interaction is how the folk traditions are carried on (and in this age of mass media, this sort of thing doesn't seem to matter to people as much as it used to).

Hope there is at least a little interest.

-Jamey

Just George Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #758194 - 01/10/04 01:21 PM

Jamey, I think your idea has a lot of merit - I just finished building my new shop and have pretty much all the tools I need. But, I think sharing ideas, techniques, and experiences does a lot to inspire us and keep the passion for what we do. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd be interested in doing that either on a formal basis, as part of a group, or even less formally with anybody who's interested. I always enjoy talking to and working with other woodworkers, and I always manage to learn something in the process…how could we lose?

Banjo Jamey Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #758221 - 01/10/04 01:48 PM

Cool, where are you located in AA? I am on the Southeast side (across from Arborland). My workshop doesn't exist yet, but when the kerosene heater shows up next weekend from my parents' house in southern Ohio, the garage is going to become my workspace. I don't have a whole lot of tools yet, but I am willing to share what I have. (As of next weekend, 16” drill press, band saw, fixed base router, plunge router, a couple of planes, some chisels, assorted drill bits - twists and augers, and hopefully a spindle sander and maybe a router table). I still have to buy/make some workbenches, but I need to get the space sorted first. My main interest is in building stringed instruments, but I also want to build (read: my wife wants me to build) some furniture.

Looking forward to meeting some of you and getting the creative (and technical) juices flowing.

-Jamey

Just George Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #758312 - 01/10/04 03:42 PM

I'm south of town, basically at the corner of Carpenter & Bemis roads. I used to live very near where you are 'til moving to the 'country' a year and a half ago. Since I'm single, I have lots of time & flexibility, so if you want to pick a time we can get together and talk shop. My place, yours, doesn't matter to me. Call me if it's easier than using the forum: 734.646.7024

Hypotenuse Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #758528 - 01/10/04 07:39 PM

Hey - that sounds pretty good to me too. I've got my shop set up the way I want it and have all the tools I need (but never have all the ones I want ). I guess I'm looking for a few people to share techniques, war stories, etc. I'd love to help others get started and pick up a few pointers along the way myself.

I'm not far from both of you guys in Ypsi Twp. In the Preserve development near Textile & Whittaker. Wanna meet up somewhere for a quick intro?

–Chris

Banjo Jamey Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #758590 - 01/10/04 08:27 PM

What about sometime tomorrow (Sunday) for a coffee somewhere?

-Jamey

Just George Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #758604 - 01/10/04 08:40 PM

Hypo, Jamey, I'm up for getting together tomorrow. Who wants to pick a time & place? Chevys at Mich. Ave & Carpenter is probably pretty central for everybody, any time is good for me. Call me at 646-7024 if that's easier.

Banjo Jamey Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #758724 - 01/10/04 10:57 PM

Sounds good. Anytime works for me. Maybe around lunchtime?

Hypotenuse Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #758754 - 01/10/04 11:25 PM

Ummmm…..

I hate to do this, but tomorrow won't work for me. We're throwing a semi-surprise birthday party for my wife tomorrow afternoon, and I'll be tied up most (if not all) of the day. Gotta keep SWMBO/LOML happy after all! (that's also the reason I can't make the Guild meeting tomorrow…)

Don't let me slow progress here. If you guys end up meeting up let us know how it goes and what the “next step” should be. I'll check the site as often as I can.

Bummer!

–Chris

Marshmonster Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #759607 - 01/11/04 09:59 PM

Looks like I'm a dollar short as well! Just checked back in after being in the shop all day and I miss the get together! Count me in as well for the next gathering. I'm in Plymouth right off M-14 and Beck, so AA is just a few short minutes away. Love to get the chance to share with you and create some dust.

Bkip B Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #759663 - 01/11/04 11:01 PM

Hi uys - I am a woodworker in Pinckney. I am just a sawdust maker in the workshop but I really enjoy it. I would be interested in getting together with you guys at some point. I will keep monitoring this site or you can email me at m_sbrant@msn.com. Take care.

Banjo Jamey Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #759786 - 01/12/04 07:57 AM

The get together didn't happen yet, but is there a weeknight that works for people? Maybe somewhere right off 23 at around 7 or 8? There is a Starbucks right at the Washtenaw exit on 23, which might be somewhat central. Everyone interested can just post here with the nights that work best, and we'll go from there.

I know any night this week works for me.

Bkip B Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #759823 - 01/12/04 09:00 AM

Any night but Tuesday. Starbucks works great.

Just George Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #760728 - 01/12/04 06:37 PM

Starbucks would work, something with food might be better so's some of us can have that late dinner! (Big Boy just up the road?) Anyway, I'm good with whatever works for the pack - most nights work well for me, so I can make it whichever night the rest of you fellas decide on.

Riverr1 Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #760736 - 01/12/04 06:35 PM

Bill Knapps at Washtinaw and 23?

Bkip B Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #760761 - 01/12/04 07:00 PM

Unfortunately Bill Knapp's closed There are a lot of places to eat - Chili's is at Arborland, Big Boy's is on Washtenaw, Red Lobster, Pizza Hut and Red Robin are on Carpenter - lots more but that should give us a larger selection if food is wanted otherwise Starbuck's works for coffee. I'm game for anything. Skip

Banjo Jamey Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #760827 - 01/12/04 07:53 PM

Big Boy might be a better choice, since people could have dinner or just coffee or whatever.

How about Thursday night at 8? (Just since no one has listed days yet)

-Jamey

woodshoptyro Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #760895 - 01/12/04 08:45 PM

You guys have piqued my interest. Any nights but Tuesday, Saturday, or Sunday work for me. Saturdays between 1 and 4pm are okay too.

Just George Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #760921 - 01/12/04 09:01 PM

Let's see, Thursday at 8:00….(checking mental calendar). Works for me, I'm there - let's start with Big Boy and, if needed, we can agree on something different for next time. We might have to move it around a bit to accomodate those coming further, but it'll be just another thing for us to discuss! After we decide which tablesaw/jointer/bandsaw/bandaid/whatever is best!

woodshoptyro Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #760932 - 01/12/04 09:11 PM

It's a deal. See you Thursday at 8, Big Boy on Wastenaw near US-23. Would that be west of 23?

Just George Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #760947 - 01/12/04 09:24 PM

Yessir, that would be about 1/2 mile west of 23, on the right side just past the Dodge dealership.

rmcbride Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #761029 - 01/12/04 10:00 PM

Got a map?

Hypotenuse Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #761037 - 01/12/04 10:05 PM I'm there. See you all Thurs at 8 at Big Boy.

BTW, Here's a map.

–Chris

Banjo Jamey Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #761106 - 01/12/04 10:47 PM

This sounds great. I am looking forward to meeting you guys. Bring along project pictures and stuff.

How should we all find each other when we get there?

-Jamey

Just George Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #761318 - 01/13/04 07:35 AM

Bob, take M-14 West to US-23 South….exit 37B is Washtenaw Ave W. to Ann Arbor. Turn right off ramp (only way you can go…), 1/2 mile to Big Boy on right side. Jamey, been trying to figure out how we'd all find each other. Maybe we should all walk in carrying a router?! Seriously, if I can remember I'll wear a Beaversmith Tools hat, otherwise we can all just look for anybody else who appears to be lost!

Banjo Jamey Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #761337 - 01/13/04 08:10 AM

I suppose we could all just ask for the “so-and-so party,” and if you are the first one there, just establish the party's name. (We could be the Norm Abrams party or the Roy Underhill party or something.) Just something we all know ahead of time. It looks like there are as many as 8 of us or so, so whoever is first just get a table for that many and let them know that more are coming.

How's that sound?

-Jamey

rmcbride Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #761743 - 01/13/04 12:20 PM

This has scared the he77 out of me…daughter just graduated from Uof M two years ago,,use to go visit her all the time there…Now with this talk about AA my mind is a blank as to how we drove there…14 & 23 I remember but not sure if it was Washtenaw we got off on..He77 back in 64 I even worked at the Arborland Mall twice a month..Ok just looked at my map program and see that Washtenaw is the same as truck I- 94 and that was what we took up to Hill road then left to Church street…Good now I feel a little better…what were we talking about anyway?

I better print out that we are meeting at Big Boys or I might go to the wrong restaurant…

rmcbride Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #762394 - 01/13/04 05:36 PM

Don't you agree with me that it would be much more fun/educational if we all meet over at your shop and you showed us all how good you are with your DJ-20 jointer? I will be more than happy to bring along about 100BF of maple I just happen to have laying around waiting to get face joined..Seeing as I can't find a jointer at a price I can afford. You can even keep all the wood chips.. .Bob

Just George Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #762447 - 01/13/04 05:57 PM

I'm not sure you learn anything (at least not anything valuable!) watching me. Other than that, you're more than welcome to bring your maple over anytime and use the DJ-20! That's a serious offer, good anytime you want. By the way, it's still for sale….how 'bout some sort of payment plan??

So, how 'bout first person to arrive at Big Boy gets a table for 8 for the 'Woodnet' group? I'm thinking most of us, maybe even me, can remember that!

Edited by Just George (01/13/04 05:59 PM)

rmcbride Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #762487 - 01/13/04 06:22 PM

Ok sounds good “bigwood for the eight netboys” right..

And thanks for the offer I may have to take you up on it….After checking out the size of the 8” jointers I don't think I can fit it into the shop/garage at any price… We need someone local with a 6” to buy yours so I can buy theirs..Have trailer can deliver..

woodshoptyro Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #762679 - 01/13/04 08:54 PM

That DJ 20 sounds awfully tempting…wonder what I can get for my year-old Delta 6” Professional jointer?

Just George Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #762721 - 01/13/04 09:29 PM

Talk to R Mc Bride!! Or better yet, we can discuss Thursday night… Maybe we can make this work out for everybody!

Big Joe Moose Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #762751 - 01/13/04 09:57 PM

Sorry to get on the band wagon so late, I was just reviewing the board and saw that a Possible SE michigan woodworking club may go into effect. That is a great idea so kudos to whoever came up with this. I live in Gibralatar Michigan at 75 and Gibralar so this is not to far away from the rest. I have a couple good tools to bring to the table to help and I am a newbie otherwise but love to learn and share tricks. If you guys dont mind a 23 year old, I'm signing up for the meeting.

Thanks,

Joe

Just George Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #762779 - 01/13/04 10:13 PM

We don't mind - no rules in this club-to-be, least not yet! Hope you can make it Thursday. By the way, the original idea came from 'Hypotenuse', so all the blame is his!

Big Joe Moose Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #762801 - 01/13/04 10:24 PM

Sounds like a plan. I will be there. Anyone taken a woodcraft class. I signed up for one on hand cut dovetails and am curious if I may have wasted 70 bucks for only three or 4 hours of instruction.

Bkip B Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #762832 - 01/13/04 10:44 PM

I took their pen turning class and also a class on the Incra jig and I thought both of them was worth the money. I am wondering what is involved in their “Masters” classes as compared to their other classes. It was interesting in that I looked at the class offering from their Sterling Heights store and compared to the Canton store they offered twice as many classes.

See you Thursday - Skip

Big Joe Moose Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #762877 - 01/13/04 11:17 PM

I will let you know hot it turns out. I didnt see any masters classes but I am curious to see how they are. The class size is very small so I imagine there is alot of one on one, which itself is priceless if you learn one tip to save a $30 piece of wood, lol. I did notice southfield had much more class offerings, I am also debating on taking a local adult Ed class for wood working basics and project assistance, it is cheap and I will have access to lots of good stuff. The more and more i practice woodworking

The more and more I practice with woodworking, the more and more I wish I would have become a shop teacher instead of an electrical engineer. Electricity is so boring compared to woodworking (at least in my opinion).

rmcbride Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #763254 - 01/14/04 09:58 AM
Quote:
woodshoptyro said:That DJ 20 sounds awfully tempting...wonder what I can get for myyear-old Delta 6" Professional jointer?

Lets talk…

kyounker Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #763608 - 01/14/04 12:41 PM

Hey Guys, I'm also still interested although I can't make it on Thursday night. Make sure to post the results and when the next meeting will be.

Ken

kply Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #763819 - 01/14/04 03:42 PM

I am interested as well but unable to make tomorrow's meeting. Lately, I have been primarily making kindling, woodchips and saw dust. It would be fun to meet fellow woodworkers in the area to talk about woodworking and related topics

Hypotenuse Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #763822 - 01/14/04 03:38 PM

Good thing we're not meeting tonight with all this snow! I'm dreading my commute home.

Hopefully the roads are clear for tomorrow night!

–Chris

rmcbride Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #764007 - 01/14/04 05:39 PM

How about this…

New Group South East Michigan Wood Workers

Join and get on the mailing list so you keep up on what we are doing where we are meeting and when…..

Edited by rmcbride (01/15/04 09:54 AM)

Big Joe Moose Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #764742 - 01/15/04 09:45 AM

hey tried the link and it isnt working for me, maybe Yahoo is down. Also I will be at BIG BOY tonight around 8. I have a large brown carnhart jacket with glue stains if anyone sees me first just holler.

rmcbride Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #764745 - 01/15/04 09:46 AM
Quote:
Big Joe Moose said:hey tried the link and it isnt working for me, maybe Yahoo is down.Also I will be at BIG BOY tonight around 8. I have a large browncarnhart jacket with glue stains if anyone sees me first just holler.

It's working for me try again…or PM me your email addres and I'll sent a invite to you…Bob

rmcbride Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #764918 - 01/15/04 11:42 AM
Quote:
rmcbride said:How about this...New Group South East Michigan Wood WorkersJoin and get on the mailing list so you keep up on what we are doingwhere we are meeting and when.....

bump

Thom Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #766043 - 01/15/04 09:20 PM

I would be interested in joining a club. Could use a lot of help in woodworking. Thomas Valead (313) 277-2120

Hypotenuse Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #766834 - 01/16/04 12:27 PM

We're going to start using the Yahoo Group rmcbride set up (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SEMIWW/) for most of our communications.

I've added a roster of those who attended our “meeting” last night. Please let me know if I made any typos, and if you're not on the list send me your info and I'll add you.

I also added our next meeting to the Group calendar (1/28, 7pm). We'll be touring Just George's used equipment showroom (AKA his shop ) and demonstrating sharpening with a Tormek. Bring a couple plane irons and chisels and try it for yourself.

It was a pleasure meeting you all last night, and I'm looking forward to our next get together!

–Chris

Hypotenuse Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #766840 - 01/16/04 12:29 PM

Oh yeah - I should have added that new members to our new club are ALWAYS welcomed. Come join us if you're interested.

–Chris

Just George Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #767947 - 01/16/04 11:14 PM

Hypo, since I don't/won't Yahoo, I'll have to respond here! One minor problem - Mark from Woodcraft is happy to come and do a short Tormek demo for us, but he can't do it on the 28th. However, the 29th is fine with him - I think that worked for all but one of the group, so I'm assuming that switching to the 29th is acceptable. Also, we should point out that we will want a small contribution, probably $10 each, to compensate Mark for his time and a very long drive home for him afterwards. Hope everyone gets this - let me know if you have questions or comments.

rmcbride Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? #768214 - 01/17/04 10:26 AM
Quote:
Just George said:Hypo, since I don't/won't Yahoo, I'll have to respond here! One minorproblem - Mark from Woodcraft is happy to come and do a short Tormekdemo for us, but he can't do it on the 28th. However, the 29th is finewith him - I think that worked for all but one of the group, so I'massuming that switching to the 29th is acceptable. Also, we should pointout that we will want a small contribution, probably $10 each, tocompensate Mark for his time and a very long drive home for himafterwards. Hope everyone gets this - let me know if you have questionsor comments.

I posted this on the Yahoo site….Bob

Marshmonster Re: SE Mich Woodworking Club? [Re: rmcbride] #1220970 - 11/10/04 04:33 PM

That website has been down since February. The new site is www.semiww.org or

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]