Southeast Michigan Woodworkers

Gather, share, learn and enjoy with other woodworkers!
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for forum admin
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:23 pm 
Obsessed

So I've been a poor admin for the last few months. I'm trying to start a software business, do my normal full time job, and keep up with a rampaging 18mo old. Unfortunately, this means working on the forums and wiki is just too far down the todo list.

I'm more then happy to help someone out, but I'd really like to get someone who is capable of helping, or taking over administration of the forum. I can help move the site, or setup an account for someone to help on the current site. The work involves some php work, updating the wiki install, some ability to manage/use mysql.

If you're possibly interested please shoot me an email: rharding@Mitechie.com

I'm sorry, but I want to get the site the help rather than limping along only keeping up with the spam signups each day.

Rick

Shop

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:19 am 
Obsessed

Rick,

Did you get the help you need?

If not, I suggest moviing this post to general discussion. I generally don't read the support section unless I encounter an issue. I know, I should but I don't. I suspect many others don't either and this topic is important for EVERYONE to see.

And let me take this opportunity to say THANK YOU for everything you have already done. That can't be said enough.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:27 pm 
Site Admin

I've mentioned this before. I'm more than willing to take this over. My preference is to move to a hosted service like GoDaddy. The cost is minimal and I can setup with a Microsoft stack which is what I prefer (you can run phpBB on an MS stack). Cost of hosting a site like ours is about $8/month. I'm fine with PHP. I was one of the original board admins years ago and hacked phpBB regularly to keep things going. I was also the one who set up the original wiki software on this site. We'll discuss it at the next board meeting again I'm sure. You've got your guy and a service to host things. It really just comes down the board making a decision.